Friday, June 30, 2017

9.358 Is This the End of Blogging?

Not by choice you guys. I use Photobucket to upload and link all of my photos to my blog, and unfortunately Photobucket recently updated their terms and conditions stating that for free accounts, they do not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. This is why you see all these ugly broken image links. To get the privileges of image linking and 3rd party hosting, I'd have to pay a whopping $399/year. Screw that!

So I don't know where I will go from here... I've been reading about how people are saying that Photobucket will go out of business soon if they keep this up. I think I'll work on downloading all of my content off of Photobucket in case it happens. I feared this kind of thing may happen with Blogger or Photobucket, but I didn't anticipate it so soon and without any notice.

My blog is my memories... and they're taking it all away :'(

"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity." -Earl Nightingale

No comments: